An early breast cancer detection plan should include :
- Complete your family before the age of 30.
- Clinical breast examinations every three years from ages 20-39, then every year thereafter.
- Monthly breast self-examinations beginning at age 20. Look for any changes in your breasts.
- Baseline mammogram by the age of 40.
- A low fat diet regular exercise, and no smoking for alcohol.
Find your age on the chart below to see which screening methods you should use and how often :
|20-29||Clinical breast examination||Every three years|
|40 and older||Clinical breast examination||Every year|
|40-49||Mammograms||Every five years|
|50 and older||Mammograms||Every two years|
|Beginning at age 20||Breast self examinations||Once a month|
We all are prone to disease but early detection is the right key!!